Monday 13 May 2013

New Glassy Goodies

OOOO look at me 2 posts inside a week!!!

But I was itching to show you my new goodies, I've been looking to have a go at them for weeks now and finally got going! 

Here they are




Yes they are glass headpins for all you jewellery makers out there!!

The main problem was how to successfully make them without burning me!  So the first go was with the red berries/rosehips and the red heart, I thought I would try tapeing them to a bead mandrel with some duck tape.  It did work but was very messy and sticky.




So then I decided to try a different idea and thought why dont I just wire them onto a mandrel and that worked a treat, it was good as I could spin them just like making a bead and didnt burn my fingers which was great!!



The bluedrops I also added some frit and then pulled them into a lovely pointy drop shape which I think are so pretty.  So I will definitely be making more.  These aren't annealled yet as I decided to batch anneal them, then I hope what will happen is the copper wires will darken as they will get annealled as well.  I will need to hammer them to harden them but they will look antiqued, these then could be used as earrings by using the wire as the earring hook all in one piece.

I will show you how that goes once I have annealled them so you can see what I mean!!




I have lots on this week as its my daughter Billie's School Prom on friday and still haven't made her tiara yet along with some bobby pins for her hair.  And I am writing the next tutorial for Bead magazine as well ~~~ what am I doing now ~~ well writing this of course!!!!!


So better fly and get cracking with the tiara ~~~  like now!!!!!


Right bye for now



E x




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my lovely readers, so do please leave any message, comments or just say Hi!